Long-distance moving tips are needed if you are moving just a few miles away or to a new destination. These moving tips can be beneficial and you don’t have to be worried about the shifting. Preparing yourself for the move is very important. Some moves can be done quickly by just dumping everything in a vehicle and beginning your move. But, a long-distance move needs a lot of planning. Find the best Long Distance Movers here.
Here are some of the tips for a long-distance move.
- Plan your move: If your move is thousands of miles away, it certainly needs good planning in advance. Make a note of every little thing, the task that needs to be done. Having a moving checklist can be greatly beneficial.
- Stick to your schedule: Once the planning is done, stick to it. Don’t try to rush and try to complete all your tasks at the last moment. There are chances that you may even forget some of the most important tasks. Setting up reminders on your phone, and scheduling the time for each task is important for a stress-free move.
- Gather multiple in-home moving estimates: Try to collect the in-home moving estimates from various moving companies, having an accurate price estimate from three different agencies well in advance is a good option.
- A reputable moving company must be hired: Choose a reputable and reliable moving company. Don’t go for the cheapest option as there are possibilities that you may become the victim of a scam.
- The important documents must be updated: When you are moving to faraway places, it is important to update all the necessary documents like the driver’s license, registration, etc.
- The moving insurance must be purchased: Even though you have valuable items or not, you must purchase insurance.
- Prepare a list of inventory: Having a list of all the items that you own is very important. You can either use a notebook and write it down using paper and pen or make use of an app so that it becomes easy to check the list once the items arrive.
- Take time to downside: The things that are no more needed must be done away with by either donating to the needy or holding a garage sale to dispose of the items.
- Prioritize the items: When it is a long-distance move, it is important to prioritize the move by keeping those items that are needed along with you so that you can unpack them as soon as you arrive at your new destination.
- Pack, organize and label the boxes: The packaging of the items must be done carefully, especially when handling fragile items. You could use old clothes, bubble wrap or newspaper to do the packing. If things are kept in an organized way, unpacking will be much easier. It is also very important to clearly label every box with your name, phone number, and moving location so that it won’t be mixed up or moved to the wrong place.
- Make your move during the off-season: It will save a lot of your money and make your move much easier. You could even choose to move during the mid of the month or on a weekday to save money.
- Check in the move-in requirements: Do some research about the parking regulations of your new neighborhood to avoid any additional charges by the movers.
- Tip the movers or offer them food: This is the best way to show your appreciation for their hard work and support during the move.